Here's a new tool that was described recently in the journal of Bioinformatics:
- GREGOR: evaluating global enrichment of trait-associated variants in epigenomic features using a systematic, data-driven approach
Let's see how the letters in 'GREGOR' are derived:
- G = Genomic — a solid start
- R = Regulatory — fine
- E = Elements — all good so far
- 'and' — okay, we'll allow a conjunction or two
- G = Gwas — hmm, including an acronym/initialism inside another acronym is rarely a good idea
- O = Overlap — that's fine, time for the big finish…
- R = algoRithm — oh come on!
Congratulations GREGOR — or should I say GREGOA? — you win a JABBA award!