- Bogus bioinformatics acronyms = mildly annoying
- Names that clash with previouly published tools = mildly annoying
- Bogus bioinformatics acronyms that clash with previouly published tools = very annoying
Step forward a new paper published in journal of Bioinformatics:
- INSPEcT: a computational tool to infer mRNA synthesis, processing and degradation dynamics from RNA- and 4sU-seq time course experiments
How does INSPEcT derive its name?
- INSPEcT (INference of Synthesis, Processing and dEgradation rates in Time-course analysis)
Inclusion of the 'E' from 'degradation' and omission of 'R', 'C', or 'A' (from 'Rates', 'Course', and 'Analysis') earns this tool a JABBA award. It also earns a 'Duplications' award because of: